Chili Season

Saturday, December 3, 2016

On our way to lunch in the cold rain today, we were talking about having chili sometime this week. We talked about chili dogs and chili fries. I said chili fries sounded really good, because I haven't had them in years. Then, at lunch, they had chili cheese fries.

Jeff: You should get the chili cheese fries!
Me: Nah. I don't have any idea if they're any good here. I want good chili cheese fries, so if they're shitty, I'll have to have them again.
Jeff: Chili cheese fries are never shitty.

Probably true.


Saturday 9: Take My Breath Away (1996)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) When were you last breathless?

walking the neighborhood the other day

2) This is the love theme from Top Gun, and the romance was between a pilot and his instructor. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? 
I had a big time crush on my freshman year American History professor at A&M.

3) The pilots in Top Gun all had cool nicknames -- including Maverick, Goose, Merlin, Cougar and Stinger. Give yourself a cool pilot name.
Curie

4) The actress who played the instructor, Kelly McGillis, owns Kelly's Caribbean Bar/Grill and Brewery in Key West. It's known for its cheese and beer dip appetizer, served with warm pretzels. What's one of your favorite between meal snacks? 
apples with peanut butter

5) The group who recorded this week's song is called Berlin, but they're really from Southern California. Have you ever been to Berlin? How about Southern California?
I have been to both Berlin and Southern California (San Diego).

6) Lead singer Terri Nunn has a weekly radio show, Unbound on KCSN. How often do you listen to the radio? Do you tune in for music, comedy, news or talk?
I always listen in the car, usually to Hits1 on Sirius. I've listened to the comedy station sometimes on long trips.

7) In 1986, when this song was popular, PeeWee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, PeeWee Herman's show had many, many adult viewers. Do you watch still watch any kid's shows?
I'll watch Spongebob on occasion.

8) Robert Pattinson, the actor who played Edward the vampire in the Twilight series, was born in 1986. Have you read the Twilight books? Seen the movies?
I have not read the books. I saw the first two movies, I think.

9) Random question: In an alternate universe, which of these professions would you like to find yourself in -- United States senator, Ivy League professor, or imminent psychiatrist?
Ivy League professor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP