Sunday Stealing: The Xmas Questions of 2016

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Settling in for a relaxing Saturday Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas everyone!

Sunday Stealing: The Xmas Questions of 2016

1. Do you send out Xmas cards and if so how many do you send?

I haven't sent cards in years. When I did, I mailed about 30.

2. Do you write and send a holiday letter to describe your year?

Another thing I haven't done for years. The last one was 2008. I loved sending holiday letters! I kept them light, including a recipe, gift guides, cartoons, etc. Not your standard letters. I was thrilled that people looked forward to them, much like I anticipate Gib's hilarious annual New Year's letter, which never disappoints!

3. What do you think of photo cards?
Love them! I especially like getting them from old friends I don't see regularly.

4. How about the tree thing – do you have one every year? Do you prefer a real or artificial?
I prefer artificial, because I don't like things that require maintenance, especially at Christmas time. We've had one every year, except for the first two years after we got the kittens. I was afraid they would destroy my special ornaments. Turns out, the just rub their faces on the lower branches and play with the bottom level ornaments. I just put kitty-proof ornaments there.

5. Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type). If you don’t have a tree, do you decorate and if so, tell us about it. (If you don’t decorate make up a story here…)

Our tree is a 7' pre-lit evergreen. The lights are multi-colored. All our ornaments are from places we've traveled or activities we've done over the years as a family.

6. Do you hang up stockings? Whose names are on them (and relationships)? 
I put up stockings for Jeff (the hubby), Lauren (the kiddo), me, and the kitties- Kiptyn and Maya.

7. Your favorite Xmas movie(s) are?
Love Actually, Frosty the Snowman, The Year Without a Santa Claus

8. Tell us about an Xmas movie you hate.
Bad Santa. It's just obnoxious.

9. What’s favorite Xmas Song(s)?
Oh Holy Night, Blue Christmas, Merry Christmas Darling, Underneath the Tree, I'll be Home for Christmas

10. What holiday song makes you want to hurl?
"Christmas Time is Here" from A Charlie Brown Christmas. It gives me the heebie jeebies.

11. What do you prefer for your holiday meal?

I'm not picky, but we usually have the typical American holiday dinner.

12. When do you open your gifts?
Christmas morning, like normal people

13. Do you buy gifts for your pet?
sometimes

14. What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?
I absolutely hate getting any clothing items other than A&M shirts/hats/socks/etc.

15. Do you ever travel for the holiday?
We almost always go to my in-laws' house in DFW.

16. Did you see Santa as a child?
I visited him at the mall, but I never saw him at the house.

17. Have you ever gone caroling?
Several times when I was growing up.

18. Do you drive around and look at the Xmas lights? 
Yes

19. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yep. I lived in Kansas when I was 5-6. Also, Dallas gets snow every few years at Christmas. One night we got trapped out in a crazy snowstorm and had to drive 15 miles of icy, snow-blind freeways to get to Jeff's parents' house from my brother-in-law's house. Scary!

20. Do you know how to ice skate? If yes, when did you skate the last time? 
Yes, but I haven't skated in 12-13 years.

21. Are we crazy for thinking that the holiday season is WAY too commercial?
Nope. It's WAY too commercial.

22. Have you ever worked Xmas eve or Xmas day?
Nope, thank goodness. Just lucky.

23. What are your Xmas pet peeves?
I don't think I have any!

24. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays?
Getting together with friends and family, and the change of pace with decorations, Christmas music, vacations. Also great movies!
 
25. Here's your chance to say something significant to our players. Go for it!
To the players and non-players, I wish you a very Merry Christmas if you celebrate it! If you don't celebrate Christmas, enjoy your day off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP