Calendar Kitchen

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Our kitchen remodel made the remodeling company's 2017 calendar! We're August. I guess all those hours selecting finishes and accessories paid off.

My beloved 96-year-old Grandpa is still on Hospice. A couple of times in the past few months, he has taken turns for the worst, but he's perked up both times and is hanging in there. We'll visit him next week. My aunt Kerstin has been sending frequent text and photo updates to all of us on his status. Since she's sending them to two generations of family, she was calling him Granddad/Dad, but over the weeks, it's become G-Dad. Love it! I call it his rapper name.

Sunday Stealing: The Here-to-Serve 16 Questions

1. Which is worse? Being gossiped about or being lied to?

Being lied to. Everyone talks about everyone, and I honestly don't care about that, but being honest is very important in any relationship.

2. What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink? Or if you have better taste, Dunkin’ Donuts? 
I love plain old Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Iced mocha is my favorite Starbucks drink.

3. Name an embarrassing moment (Make it good).
I always go back to tripping in the courtyard in high school, during lunch when everyone and their dog was out there (not literally, because people didn't bring their dogs everywhere then).  I was wearing high heels and a dress. My girlfriends and I were walking and laughing about something. My heel got stuck in a crack and I fell to the ground. I was right next to the entrance to a classroom building, so I immediately ran in there. It was absolutely hilarious, but totally embarrassing.

4. Is it hard for you to ask some to forgive you when you have wronged them?
I just apologize. I don't know that I've specifically asked someone to forgive me. I just assume they will, if they accept my apology.

4. Who do you wish you could meet?
Michael Symon. He's too cool.

5. Best food comes from which country?

USA! USA! USA!

6. Do you like small talk, or deep conversations?

deep conversations

7. Who do you most want to encourage this year?
Lauren

8. If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it?
Take a vacation! They would be right, but I probably won't.

9. How often do you get real sick?
very rarely

10. Are you a person who has a whole lot of acquaintances, or just a few very close friends?
I've lived here quite a while, so I do have a lot of casual acquaintances from various groups, but my life is mostly centered on a few very close friends.

11. If you could cure a disease, or heal a sickness, which one would you choose?
cancer

12. What was your favorite book of 2016?
Didn't read a book in 2016. Not one.

13. What was one of your biggest accomplishments in 2016?
Making a very successful transition from full-time corporate job to part-time contractor. I didn't even want to do the contract at first, but it's working out well!

14. If you could be guaranteed a spot on the reality show "Survivor", would you go?

Um, no. I don't even like to camp. I would be most likely to play "The Mole," but only with Anderson.

15. Which is worse? Shopping for jeans or a bathing suit?
Jeans. So many factors are at play- height, body shape, style of jeans, waist to hip ratio, fabric... Bathing suits are stretchy and adjustable.

16. How old was your oldest living relative (still living or in the past)? 
I think my grandpa is the oldest. He'll be 97 in February.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP