Paisley Park is in Your Heart

Friday, April 22, 2016

Prince is the only celebrity death I've shed real tears over. And not just once. I was really moved by the fans transitioning from complete shock to joyous celebration within a day of his death. Everyone is playing his music, dancing and having a good time, which is what we've done for decades, but now we're just doing it all over the world at the same time.

The rainbow over Paisley Park really got me, too. So cool.

We saw Prince live for the first time in 1982 at The Summit, during the 1999 Triple Threat Tour. We saw him again during the Purple Rain Tour in '85.


Last time I saw him was June 9, 2004 in San Antonio, during the Musicology tour. CJ and I went. It was perfection, as it always was. I can't say it enough- the guy put on an unbelievable stage show. He had those superhuman guitar skills and fabulous musicians backing him up as well. A complete sensory festival. It was just such a fun night. 

I cannot wait to hear the vaulted music. Harmonies the public wasn't ready for yet? Oh yes. YES! Let's hear it! And two movies? Bring those on, too.

Lyrics of the Day

...Sometimes I wish that life was never ending
And all good things, they say, never last...

Prince "Sometimes it Snows in April"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP