At Home Again!

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Since Lauren lives with us, can I still call myself a stay-at-home-mom? Laura calls me unemployed. I could be "semi retired." Hmm... I'll have to think about this.

My last day was Thursday and still it has not sunk in that I'm no longer working there. So weird. It's definitely "carryover stress." Maybe sometime next week it will finally leave my tense shoulders!

Jen threw a going away happy hour for me on Friday night. So fun! Even C and K came, so everyone who has moved on from the department was there. Some of us stayed for dinner, too. Great evening!!

I'll really miss the wonderful people at work, that's for sure. My teams are positively brilliant and always working together, with never any significant inter-departmental strife. They have also been so very supportive with Lauren's illness during the years and especially this recent tumultuous time. Great people.

Unfortunately, it won't be long before disaster strikes in the office, because no one has been hired to replace the three staff members they lost from the department. It's been almost three months since mid-January when the other two moved to another department and I gave my notice. I mean, honestly- what the heck? I specifically gave them a ton of notice because I wanted them to be able to hire someone who could transition in as seamlessly as possible. It's very frustrating to me that they didn't use that time. I could have used it myself, had I known that they weren't going to.

HR told me that they have been interviewing, but can't find anyone. If you can't find anyone to replace three lost staff members in a very small company, you need to change something about the candidate search.  You up the salary, you offer people flex time or work from home, you get less picky... something. You can't just say, Oh well!

I really need to stop worrying about them. That's someone else's problem now. :D


Saw this on Facebook... ahahaaa! YES!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP