Nothin' But Monday

Monday, June 13, 2016

So heartbreaking, the shooting in Orlando yesterday. There are just no words.

Why are we still giving murderous psychos publicity in the news? The media needs to stop showing this despicable guy's face and mentioning his name. We can hear all the relevant information about him without identifying him. Do the right thing, for goodness' sake.

Had a nice weekend. We saw One Man, Two Guvnors at Zach. SO funny!! There is quite a bit of audience participation, which is always entertaining.  On Saturday, we ventured down the temporarily open service road by Mansfield Dam to view the open flood gates. It is very cool! So much water.



Saturday 9: I Dream of Jeannie Theme (1965)
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) Jeannie was memorably discovered on the beach in an ornate bottle. Have you ever brought a souvenir home from the beach? (It doesn't have to be a genie. A shell or a stone will do.)

I have brought countless souvenirs home from the beach. One memorable item was a perfect little shell I found when I was in 7th grade. It was really different from anything I'd seen before- like half a sphere, with two bumps on one side and a little "tail" on the other. I wanted to show it to my science teacher, so I brought it to school. When I went into my purse to get it out, it had shattered into a hundred pieces. I totally cried. I described it to him and he said it sounded really cool. Sad!!

2) Major Anthony Nelson, the man who released Jeannie from her bottle, was an astronaut. When you were a kid, did you dream of being an astronaut when you grew up?
For a hot minute, yes. Dad worked for NASA. It was inevitable.

3) Upon discovering Jeannie, Major Nelson's first wish was that she could speak/understand English so they could communicate. If you found a genie, what would your first wish be?
that Lauren would regain her health

4) Major Nelson's best friend was fellow astronaut Major Healey. Where did you meet your best friend?
I met Cathy in 6th grade PE. She was telling a hilarious story in the locker room about her belly-dancer aunt, Patsy. 

I met Kimberly on the school bus in 8th grade, when I started at a new school. We also had classes together.

I met Laura in the Mothers Club, when she became President and I was Newsletter Editor. Our toddlers were two weeks apart.

5) This theme song was written by Hugo Montenegro, who is better known for the music he wrote for a pair of Clint Eastwood movies (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and A Fistful of Dollars). Do you have a favorite Clint Eastwood movie?
Gran Torino was pretty good

6) The last episode of the series was titled, "My Master, The Chili King." What ingredients make up your favorite chili recipe? 
Our favorite chili is Wick Fowlers mix. It's ground beef, red pepper, masa flour, cumin, oregano, ground chili peppers, onion, garlic, paprika and salt. No beans!

7) Jeannie was played by Barbara Eden, who was born in Tuscon, Arizona. Summer in Tuscon can get very hot, with the mercury often reaching 100ยบ. What's your favorite season?
fall

8) Anthony Nelson was played by Larry Hagman, who went on to play the villainous JR on the popular Dallas. Can you think of anything else Dallas is known for?

I hear they have a football team there. Heh.

9) In the autumn of 1965, just weeks after I Dream of Jeannie premiered, St. Louis' famous Gateway Arch was completed. An estimated 4 million tourists visit the Arch every year. Do you have any summer vacation plans?
Ahhhhhh, I wish. We will probably do our usual day trips, maybe stay a night somewhere, but I think getting away for a week will wait until school starts again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP