A&M vs. Sam Houston

Sunday, September 8, 2013

There was a constant, soaking rain from when we got off the bus at the Quad through 7 minutes into the second quarter of the game. We were drenched. It was GREAT. There was even a time when the wind was blowing and it was 77 degrees and it actually got cold for a bit. It's true!

We only did the money sign from our seats twice. The team had obviously been told not to do it anymore, so we stopped.

OK, we did it on the downlow a couple more times. But then we stopped.

Johnny did all the right things yesterday. We were all so proud of him, particularly on the play where a Sam Houston defender not only pummeled him 3/4 of the way through the end zone after he ran in for a TD (right in front of us), but then continued to goad him when he complained to the ref about not throwing a flag. Everyone in our section was yelling, "Walk away! Walk away!" His teammates were ushering him away from the situation, too. He didn't ever get into it with the guy, though. He just complained to the ref, as he should have. I'm sure he was taunted and pushed all game long, with all the drama this week. He never lost his cool.

I have to mention that I've always been happy to see him encourage and congratulate other players, including those on opposing teams. He is noticeably very supportive of them, and has been since we were introduced to him last year. There's a good-guy quality for you, ESPN.

I'm incredibly pleased with the offense this year. We've got a Heisman quarterback. Mike Evans is looking fantastic. New guys Brandon Williams (who transferred from Oklahoma) and Tra Carson (who transferred from Oregon) and JaQuay Williams (a freshman) are amazing. Malena is still fabulous on offense and special teams. Just a powerhouse bunch of guys on offense. We miss Swope, but as all students do, he had to leave at some point.

I'm not sure how the defense will look, since most of them were benched for the past two weeks, but Deshazor Everett (big interception in the Bama game last year!) continues his awesomeness this year.

On to the Biggest Game of the Season next week! ESPN should be relieved to know, that despite the the overblown hate they've spewed at our QB the past several weeks, there was cheering and applause when next week's College Game Day (at A&M) was mentioned at the game last night.

It's gonna be a hot one again. Hoping for rain!


Sunday Stealing: More Meme Part 2

What would you choose to be famous for?
Being a singer in a band. I don't think I'd enjoy the pressures of being a solo artist. It would be great to share the ups and downs with friends who were in it with me.

If you have a webcam, are you ever paranoid people can see you? 
Ahaha! Yes! When I'm not on it, no, because I keep the cover on it. When I'm talking to someone on it, I'm always concerned that a hacker is splicing a direct connection to a thousand websites where people tune in to random webcams or something.

Do you find it difficult to sleep at night? Any reason(s) why? 
I wake up at about 4:30 most mornings, including weekends, thinking about work things. I need to do this, I forgot to email so-and-so, I could try that on such-and-such project, etc.

If you had to go on a game show, which would you choose?
Wheel of Fortune. I haven't watched it in years, but I'm pretty good at it.

What about if you had to go on a reality show? Which would you choose then?
Real Housewives of Austin ;) 

Tell me about your favorite TV show: 
American Horror Story is my current favorite. The cast is always stellar each season. It is so well-written and keeps me on the edge of my seat for weeks.

Why were you last irritated? 
Some people cut in front of us last night in the uberlong line for the bus back to the parking area. Seriously? Then the people in front of them mentioned that they had, like us, lost their season tickets in the Kyle Field re-ticketing DEBACLE, so we all started commiserating about that and I wasn't irritated at them anymore.

What time did you get up this morning? 
8:30. We didn't get to bed until about 1:30 this morning.

The last city you were in: Where was it and do you like it there?
College Station. I LOVE it there!

Do you like the countryside? 
I like to visit the countryside, but I wouldn't ever live too far from a city.

If you see someone yawn, do you often yawn as well? 
Yep. We all started a yawning chain on the parking bus last night after the game. Funny.

Recommend me a good movie: 
Love, Actually

Do you think you’d make a good model? 
No

Would you ever want to be one? 
Nope

How often do you change your hairstyle? 
Not often. There aren't a lot of ways I like to wear my hair. I go with straight, curly or ponytail. That's about it.

What does it look like now? 
It's down and still curly from the rain, because I didn't wash it when I showered late last night.

Do you have a favorite day of the week? Which is it? 
Saturday

Are you alone? 
Literally, yes. In the non-literal sense, not at all.

When is the last time you were on the phone after 2 am? 
It was a couple of years ago, when I thought I was talking to my distraught cousin, but I eventually figured out it was a random teenager.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP