Saturday

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Apologies for the lack of a creative, musically themed blog title this morning.

Caaathy's got a boyyyyyyfriend! His name is George. (Resist the urge to say... "And I will hug him and pet him..." Ha!) He sounds great. Can't wait to meet him!

And I got a PROMOTION on Tuesday. Woo! It's a good week.

Heading to the football game today! With every sports media outlet tripping all over themselves to completely demonize a college kid with a bad attitude, I cannot wait to do the money sign- for the "money play" that got the job done, which all the players have done for a couple of years now incidentally- after every single touchdown we make. YEEEAH!

Oh look. Here he is, doing it last season at the Cotton Bowl.
Or... is it the bottom half of the weed sign thing that President Loftin did? I really need to keep up with the signs.


Saturday 9: Band on the Run

1) This song is about a band of musicians that escapes on an adventure. Do you consider yourself spontaneous and adventurous?
Yes! I qualify that with three simple rules: No skydiving, No bungee jumping and No riding donkeys across mountains.

2) Paul McCartney and Wings traveled all the way to Lagos, Nigeria, to record Band on the Run. That's a long, long way from London. What's the farthest from home you've ever been?
Bertchtesgaden, Germany, near the Austrian border. 5563 miles.

3) Wings featured Linda McCartney on keyboards. Paul said that when Linda died, after almost 30 years together, he lost the love of his life. Who is the love of your life? Or have you yet to meet him/her?
Jeffery is the love of my life! :)

4) Paul has said he's very proud of Band on the Run, his most successful post-Beatles album. Brag a little. Tell us something you're proud of.
This week, I officially left my volunteer job as webmaster for the Foundation, so I've got that on my mind. I'm very proud that I introduced them to the internet and designed their first website back in 2000. They were like, "Do you think we should have a website?" Um, YES. It's brought them a lot of revenue over the years they would otherwise have missed, which has enabled them to accomplish so much towards their mission.

5) Paul's birth certificate reads "James Paul McCartney." He's named for his father, Jim. Are you named after anyone?
My middle name is my maternal grandma's name.

6) Paul enjoys oil painting in his spare time. What's one of your hobbies?

Writing.

7) 20 Forthlin Road, Paul McCartney's boyhood home, has been turned into a museum by the British government. It's a modest 2 bedroom cottage, with a drainpipe that Paul used to climb to sneak in after curfew. How would you describe your childhood home?
My childhood home was a 3-bedroom ranch-style house, with my bedroom in the front. I never snuck out, but I had a lot of conversations with people through my open window at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Dad had wired our stereo system in the back room to a second set of bigger speakers in the living room. Albums (a stack on the turntable spindle) or the radio were always playing at our house.

8) Paul is 5'11". How tall are you?
5'4

9) Actor Christopher Lee is on the album cover. He played Dracula in a series of movies in the 1950s and 1960s. Who is your favorite vampire?

the heroic, good-guy vampire Ethan Hawke in Daybreakers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP