Code Red

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Jeffs and I were eating in the Garden Room at Salt Lick last night. At one point a waiter walked out, oddly and unexpectedly shutting the door behind him. It totally reminded me of something that happened while I was at the hospital with my dad last month--

Ursula and I were in my dad's room when the red lights in the hall started blinking, and there was announcement, "Code Red. Fifth Floor." Immediately, a nurse in the hall slammed our (sixth floor room) door shut.

I said, "Surely there isn't a fire and they've just shut our door and didn't tell us to evacuate."

Ursula agreed, and got up and went to check with the nurse. Meanwhile, I was Googling "code red hospital," even though I was pretty sure I knew what it meant.

Ursula told me, "It's LOCKED."

Cue instant disbelief, and a teensy bit of panic. She kept lifting the lever and the door wouldn't open.

I was over there in a flash. (Well, a controlled flash, so as not to have Ursula think she was locked in a room with a crazy person.) I lifted it and it wouldn't open. We went to the window and looked out to see if there were fire trucks or smoke.

I made my way back to the door and yanked the knob so hard the thing might have just popped right off.

The door opened. The nurse was standing there. I asked him if there was a fire. He said it was a fire drill.

"Oh my GOSH, I thought you had locked us in here!" I said.

He laughed. "Nooo!"

Hilarious.

Dude could have said, "Fire drill. I'm just going to close this door," as he was gently closing the door like a normal person. Not that I would have believed that for a second, but still.

For the record, I didn't run across the room and throw open the door at Salt Lick. Very tempting though.


Patrick's Saturday Six

1. Have you ever been to a drive-in theater?
Many times. My parents took me fairly often when I was young.

2. What movie would you most like to try watching in a drive-in theater?
Thelma and Louise, so we could sit in the front seat and raise our hands up during the cliff scene. And see Brad Pitt naked.

3. Which sport do you feel you are best at?
basketball

4. How many devices (count monitors, printers, phones, etc.) are on your computer desk now?
1 iPhone, 1 monitor, 2 speakers, 1 wireless mouse, 1 wireless keyboard, 1 printer, 1 scanner, 1 camera--- so... 9

5. Are you more likely to charge your cell phone at home, at work or in the car?
overnight on my nightstand

6. Do you tend to get most of your news online from a news site or social media like Facebook or Twitter?
from news outlets in my Facebook news feed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP