Summer Stock Austin Show

Monday, July 30, 2012

We saw the Summer Stock Austin production of one of my very favorite musicals, Legally Blonde, last night. So much fun!! I honestly think they did an even funnier "gay or European?" scene than the Broadway cast. It brought down the house. It's playing one more weekend at the Long Center.

Song Lyrics of the Day

...Gay or just exotic?
I still can't crack the code 

His accent is hypnotic
but his shoes are pointy toed
Gay or European?

So many shades of gray 

But if he turns out straight, I'm free at 8 on Saturday...

"There! Right There!" from Legally Blonde: The Musical

Summer Stock Austin is concurrently doing a musical called Chess, also at the Long Center. I'd never heard of it, but it features music by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus of ABBA and lyrics by the amazing Tim Rice. Wow! The Summer Stock director said that if you love ABBA's music, you'll love this musical. Now I want to see it, too. Kathy and I are seeing Xanadu at Zach next weekend, so I'm not sure I'll get a chance.

On an unrelated note to perk up your Monday morning, the follow-up Haverty's commercial to the one with the speed dating at the hotel is hilarious.

Speed dating-



Follow-up



Ohmigosh, the mom's face when the awesome Emily does the "he gets all this" thing. Priceless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP