Five Hundred Bucks in My Pocket

Thursday, July 5, 2012

I sold $500 in website ads to one vendor on Monday. Wheeeee!! Biggest single advertising deal ever for me. I'm the queen of the soft sell. When ads are up for renewal, I send an email that says, If you wanna renew, cool. If not, no hard feelings. Okay, it doesn't literally say that. Close, though. And I've never specifically asked non-advertising vendors if they'd like to advertise. Honestly I don't have the time or interest, as long as the ads sell themselves and my website hosting fees are covered.

Anyway, YAY!

New Bookworm high score for me--



Curious as a Cat

1) What makes you smile like nothing else can?
Not a who? Ok--  Amazing concert finales.

2) Are there any reality TV shows you'd try out for?
Real Housewives of Austin

3) Tell about a family member you're very proud of.
Lauren. She's gone through an awful lot the past year and a half, yet managed to graduate from high school on time while maintaining her fabulous GPA... and is on her way to college!

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

I have lots of stories that come to mind. None I can tell here. Oh wait. It's a bullet. I assumed the wrong scale. *cough*

When my mom and I road-tripped from Houston to Nashville when I was a teenager, we stopped for gas in Tupelo. She started pumping the gas. I got out and came around the car to chat with her, and I saw a bullet on the ground. I pointed down and said, totally deadpan, "You dropped your bullet."

We about peed our pants laughing. So silly! I have no idea why it was so damn funny, but it ended up being our longest running gag EVER.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP