Rowing. Watch It.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ladies, have you watched men's rowing yet? Don't like rowing? That's okay! Pour yourself a nice glass of wine and just watch and enjoy the view. I missed team USA, but the handsome men of Germany closely beat Great Britain in their heat yesterday. Yeah!! (What happened to Canada in that one?? Sad day!)

Watched the USA/Colombia women's soccer game. Woooooooooo! Our shirts are adorable, by the way. Why is there always one person on the opposing team that annoys me to death with their constant flops? Sometimes I'm more irritated with the referee who keeps falling for it.

Lauren and I got a parking spot right next to the entrance at Ikea on Saturday. We overfilled a regular cart plus a flat cart with college stuff. It was so nice to have a good shopping day where everything was available (except one very cool desk lamp she'll have to get later) and she was finding all the colors and items she wanted. Some were even on clearance. Gotta love that.

Shakira's "Waka Waka (Esto Es Africa)" was on in the car on the way home, via Lauren's iPhone. Now I can't get it out of my head.



The Spanish version ROCKS.


Sunday Stealing: The Too Tired to Think Meme, Part 2

26. What type of errands do you like running?
Anything that involves shopping for anything other than groceries.

27. Have you ever eaten snow?
Snow and snow ice cream!

28. What color are your bedsheets?
white

29. What’s your favorite flower?
tulips

30. Do you do ballet?
every morning

31. Do you listen to classical music?
exceedingly rarely

32. What is the first TV Theme song that pops in your head?
Big Bang Theory theme song by Barenaked Ladies

33. Do you watch Sponge Bob?
Yep. It's one of those shows people either love or hate. I love it!

34. What temperature is it outside right now?
7:35 a.m. 75°F

35. Do people consider you smart?
yes

36. How many piercings do you have?
Two- one in each ear.

37. Are you signed on [to] AIM?
not since 2003

38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
absolutely not

39. How do you feel about your family?
We're a diverse mix of people- conservative and liberal, funny and serious, boisterous and quiet- and we still have such a great time together. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

40. Do you have an iPod?
several that no one uses

41. What time do you go to bed?
around midnight

42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
I don't use a CD player at home. I have a mix CD in my car player.

43. What movie do you know every line to?
Grease

44. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette

45. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I have no idea

46. What family member/friend lives the farthest from you? Where?
My German relatives. Most of them are in Worms, a town on the Rhine River near Frankfurt. My parents and I lived there until I was 2.

47. Do you like hugs?
I've always hugged people who are very close to me, like relatives and significant others. I wasn't a big hugger of friends and acquaintances in the past, but in recent years, yes!

48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
waiting to see if Lauren got in to A&M last spring

49. What’s the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
Many people think my last name is Schwartz. I left my hard-to-spell, English translation of a foreign maiden name behind for a refreshingly simple last name, and I get, "How do you spell that? S-C-H...?"

50. Last person you hugged?
Jeff

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP