Weekend Roundup

Monday, July 2, 2012

Jeff, Kathy and I went to Malaga on Friday night. My favorite dish was the Coca de Pato Ahumado-  grilled Spanish flat bread with smoked duck breast, Cabrales blue cheese and caramelized onions, drizzled with raspberry vinaigrette. I've never had anything there I didn't love, so try anything if you go.

We walked through the Sixth St. crowd to Esther's Follies afterward. (I resisted the urge to tell the 20-year-olds at Maggie Mae's that I was going there before they were a twinkle in their parents' eye. You're welcome, Jeff and Kathy.) Esther's Follies is such an iconic Austin comedy show. Always hilarious! And so timely- 24 hours after the Supreme Court healthcare decision and they performed a full-cast song about it. Billy Brooks also does a fantastic bit as Barack Obama giving a campaign speech at a podium, in the style of an Old Spice commercial. "...Now I'm a cowboy." Bwahaha!

Jeff, JeffC and I enjoyed our time at Jester King on Saturday. The setup out there is just superfun! There is a live band and some sort of food truck every Saturday afternoon. (They're building a brick oven pizza joint on site, so that is in the near future!) You pay $10, which includes parking, a tour of the brewery and six half-glass samples of their beers of the day. My favorite of last weekend was Drinkin the Sunbelt. It's a citrusy beer, somewhat similar to Shiner's Ruby Redbird.

The weekly event was very well-attended. There are tons of picnic tables to sit and have lunch and beer and listen to the band. The tour is done by one of the owners, and was fun and informative. It's a neat place to hang out on a Saturday afternoon!

We saw Brave on Sunday. It was cute and I liked it, but I didn't think the story was that great. The whole bear theme was random. Everyone in our theater seemed to think the film was fine as well. So I give it a B-. The best part of it--- the trailer for The Hobbit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP