Home

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Well, I'm back from training in Phoenix. Far too many stories to recount this early in the morning, but I have to say the best food of the week was our class dinner at Fuego Bistro. OMG. It was so delicious! They did a family style meal for 18 of us in a private room, with several appetizers and entrees. I will single out their Pernil Asado as the most outstanding dish we had, but they were all something special. But... the Pernil Asado. Fly there. Get some.

There was much talk on Monday of approaching monsoons, which we out-of-towners assumed were powerful, heavy rainstorms. When the rain started on Wednesday (and continues now), we found out it's just plain old rain. When you get it that rarely, you have to call it something dramatic. ;) And as Sam Champion said on GMA, "It's a dry heat in Arizona, but not during monsoon season." Luckily the 113-degree days were dry. The monsoons were on the cooler 104-degree days.

There was a beautiful lightning show across the mountains on the horizon at night. I really loved that. Had a fabulous time and met a lot of great people! Oh and I learned some stuff, too.

Saturday 9

1. What helps you get through the night?
Benadryl and tequila

2. Do you ALWAYS keep an open mind?
Actually, this is one thing I try very hard to do in my life. Especially if I have very passionate feelings one way or the other on something. I think about the opposing view and its merits. In general, I feel that people are all making what they think are the best decisions in their daily lives, so there are almost always logical reasons for those choices. I cannot say that I always do it, but almost always.

3. Who is the wisest person you know?
my grandfather

4. Who is the strongest person you know?
emotionally- Kathy, physically- Doug

5. How would we tell by your behavior if you are having a bad day?
I think I sigh a lot when I'm having a bad day. Oh, and I don't sing along with whatever music is playing.

6. Does your ego sometimes get in your way?

Usually my agreeability gets in my way.

7. Do you believe in Zen? If yes, can it be mastered?

Well, I'm not a Buddhist, so I don't "believe" in it in a religious sense, but as a general pop culture term, I do think one can master being calm and centered.

8. Do you believe you could teach someone, like your child, to be competitive?
Nope. That's a personality trait I don't think can be taught. It's like teaching someone to be shy.

9. Do you believe home is not a place but rather a state of mind?

No, it's definitely a place. Not a house or condo, but all your surroundings and the people in your daily life. I identify it as my neighborhood or city. Actually, by the end of this past week, we were all calling the hotel "home," so I don't know. I would like to change my answer. It's BOTH a place and a state of mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP