Hooked

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

So this afternoon I was playing with my large cat's feet, which is always an audacious move. I know how many tickles I can get in before he chomps me or lashes out with his tiger-size claws. (I know, it's awful of me to do it if he doesn't like it, but those big ol' feet are just so cute!)

Well, I underestimated his grogginess from waking from his nap and he jumped sooner than usual and literally hooked my pinky finger. His giant claw went in, looped under and poked out again before retracting as I pulled away. It felt like a minute-and-a-half in slow motion, even the nausea slowly setting in from the grossness of it all (I am terrible with trauma and blood), but it was probably a millisecond.

I was very lucky that he retracted the claw, because at the rate I pulled my finger away, it would have ripped through. Which is what I thought had happened when the pain hit.

Holy Hell, y'all.

I ran cold water over it for a minute, afraid to look. When I looked, it was bleeding like crazy. After a short time of holding what was probably a disgusting used kitchen towel on it, it stopped. Lauren, the nurse-to-be, left the room to get some first aid supplies while I whined and almost passed out on the sofa, pretty sure I needed stitches.

Nope. Just one bandaid. It's pretty swollen though.

In other news, to my "hookup" at work (not that kind of hookup) who is special-ordering me a full-on five pack of Sharpie colored pens on the downlow, just because I was admiring hers... Happy Administrative Professionals day! You seriously ROCK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP