Weekend Update

Saturday, April 12, 2014

I wish I had something super interesting to write about this morning, but unless you want to hear about my studies, that's about all I've been doing lately! I'm the data management lead on five studies at the moment, in the following therapeutic areas: wound healing, oncology, endocrinology and obstetrics. The trivia of the week is that I've come full circle on the endocrinology studies, because they have plasma cortisol labs, and I was a laboratory technician at UTMB one summer when I was 18, performing radioimmunoassay (RIA) for plasma cortisol in the endocrinology lab. (RIA is a process in which a hormone is "labeled" with radioactive iodine... Yeah, that can be a chat for sometime when we've all been drinking too much.)

Speaking of drinking, the ladies of DM had a blast at Chuy's yesterday! We're totally having their new blackberry margs again as soon as possible. And Crystal will not be driving Jennifer's "giant-ass" car again anytime soon ever. We'll just call a cab.

Friday Five: No Theme

1. What field trips, one from elementary school and one from high school, do you remember most fondly?
Elementary school- Houston Rodeo
High school- we went to the Houston Zoo once. Superfun!

2. How does your handwriting today differ from your handwriting in high school?

It was far neater in high school, when other people were always reading it (passing notes, writing papers...) and I wanted it to be supercute. Now that only I read my writing, it's a hodgepodge mix of styles and is usually decorated with some random doodling.

3. What let’s-pretend game did you most enjoy when you were a child?
Pretending I was a singer, usually on Broadway, but I would also rock a stadium Abba concert in my bedroom or perform a French lounge show a la Mireille Mathieu.

4. If you had to take the name of any one-named celebrity, whose would work best?
Diddy

5. A brain, a princess, an athlete, a basket case, and a criminal: Which of these roles will you take, and which friends fill the rest?
Brain- me
Claire: Academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs.
Bender: Ah... but to dorks like him, they are. What do you guys do in your club?
Brian: Well, in physics we... we talk about physics... properties of physics...
Bender: So it's sorta social. Demented and sad, but social.

Princess-  Kimberly. She always has her ducks in a row and has always been more mature and sophisticated than the others in our group of friends.
Bender: You're right. It's wrong to destroy literature. It's such fun to read. And... (examines title)... Moe-Lay really pumps my nads.
Claire: Moliere.

Athlete- Mel. She's really into fitness. She's got the FitBit going at all times.
Brian: You wear tights?
Andrew: No, I don't wear tights. I wear the required uniform.
Brian: Tights.
Andrew: Shut up!

Basket Case- Crystal, not literally of course. She sits silently and observes when everyone else starts carrying on about something. Then we all have to ask what she's thinking. The ongoing tradition is that she bursts out with a random laugh during discussions.
Allison (after being silent all morning): HA!

Criminal-  Laura, also not literally, although there was that one time with the traffic tickets... Ha! She's the rebellious one.
Mr. Vernon: My office is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill-advised. Any questions?
Bender: Yeah, I have a question. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP