Saturday Six

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Children of the 70s, this is for you:



Aaaallllriiight!

Saturday 9: Battle Hymn of the Republic

Memorial Day was introduced to honor the men and women who died while serving the in the United States Armed Forces. We want to make sure that message is not forgotten this weekend.

1) This recording was made live at St. Patrick's Cathedral, during Sen. Robert Kennedy's funeral. While both of Bobby's older brothers were decorated war heroes, he served too -- enlisting in the Navy in 1943. Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.)
My grandpa and my uncle Brian are both retired Army colonels.

2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food?
watermelon

3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
Cookies baking reminds me of my mom. She was an amazing baker and cook.

4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed?
February. It's too long at the moment.
 
5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin'. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee?
Nah. If I like it, I drink it.

6) If money were no object, what home improvement would you like to make this summer?
If money were no object, I would put a breathtaking pool in the backyard and hire people to take care of 100% of the maintenance.

7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment?
While Kathy and I were out shopping last weekend, I happened upon a carved stone owl to go with my new patio decor. So cute!

Hoo.

8) When was the last time you rode a bike?
A couple of years ago. I'd have to clean the inch of dust off my bike to ride it today,

9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you'd like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?
Maroon 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP