The Who's Tommy

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tommy was awesome last night! Holy wow. The costumes are phenomenal. I had never seen it, so I had no idea what to expect. I heard this is a modern version, but I'm not sure what's changed from the original. It's busting with symbolism and has a dreamlike feel to it, but it's not trying to be pretentious or "over your head."

Several of the cast members are standouts, but Michael Valentine absolutely rocks in the lead role. And Gabriel Jaochico is an amazing dancer.

The Topfer Theater has pinball games set up in the lobby. (I love pinball!) We played a bit. Talk about feeling nostalgic. Plus, at our high school talent show one year, JohnF's band brought down the house with "Pinball Wizard," so I always think of them when I hear that song. The audience gets to stand up and sing along twice during Tommy. Fun!

Jeff's review at intermission: "I don't think I've done enough drugs to enjoy this show."

Ahahaha! Not his cup of tea, but I LOVED it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP