Obama's Speech

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well, I've now read the entire transcript. On the whole, it's a fantastic speech.

I just can't fathom why the average person would attend a church with Rev. Wright's racist, anti-American and "plain old crazy" rants. Some are saying Rev. Wright is talking about what Black people really feel, but you can't convince me that is representative of a majority of the Black community in this country.

Other people dismiss Wright as an old guy from another generation, like someone's White grandmother (like Ferraro- yeesh), and that those people harbor feelings from lifelong racial tension. I get that. I just wouldn't attend a church every Sunday with a person of "that generation" spouting divisive, outrageous crap from the pulpit.

I certainly don't think Obama is anti-American or racist himself, but I have to say such a public alignment with an extremist is a bit of a shock. The polls show most people don't care about his relationship with Wright, so it shouldn't affect his popularity in the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP