Saturday Six

Monday, March 24, 2008

1. You’re in church, listening to a sermon, when your pastor begins a diatribe that you strongly disagree with. Which are you more likely to do: sit through the sermon and confront the pastor privately afterwards, get up and leave in the middle of the sermon, or say nothing at all?
If I'm fairly close to the back, I would leave. I wouldn't make a big scene, I just wouldn't want to be there. If it would make a scene for me to leave, I would sit through it and not say anything.

2. Regardless of your response to question #1, how likely would you be to return to the same church with the same level of enthusiasm the following week?
Highly unlikely.

3. Based on how well you know your particular belief system’s main principles, how much do you agree with them overall?
I assume this means how much you agree with the principles of your chosen religion. I'd say, about 70%.

4. Based on how well you know your pastor or the person from whom you take the most spiritual advice (or the person who has influenced your beliefs the most if not a pastor), how much do you think you agree with this person overall and how much do you disagree?
N/A. I haven't been regularly attending church, and don't have a "spiritual advisor."

5. How important is it to you that the people with whom you associate most often have views on spirituality that closely mirror your own?
Very unimportant. I think spirituality is an intensely personal issue.

6. To what extent do you believe spirited rallies about racism actually opens the door to improve race relations in this country, as opposed to merely maintaining a level of anger that blocks such attempts to improve things?
Spirited rallying by a single race of people? I think it accomplishes nothing and raises the level of anger. Frank, civil discussions between people of different races is a better idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP