Back from Dallas

Friday, December 26, 2008

DFW weather is quite unpredictable this time of year. During Christmas week 2008 it was warm and overcast. Eh. Beats icy and snowy, I suppose. Stayed at the in-laws. Completed the annual puzzle. Played games. Drove around Plano looking at lights. Lauren drove on a six-lane street with lots of traffic, to the bank, where she parked for the first time with other cars. Hung out at Steve's. Lots of fun stuff!

We went to the ICE! show at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine. It's 14,000 square feet of holiday-themed ice sculptures, including a giant slide. The exhibit is kept at 9 degrees Fahrenheit, so they give you a parka. I had two jackets on underneath at the suggestion of my mother-in-law. It was a tad warm, and I couldn't really move. I recommend gloves instead. There is a continuing debate over whether the show is worth $20 a person. I say not really. It was cool, but I would price it at $12. They do validate your parking, which is otherwise $10, so that is a plus. I enjoyed walking around the atrium with all the decorations. It's just beautiful. So I think the best bet is going to the hotel and having drinks in the atrium. Even better, get a room- there are specials going on over the holidays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP