Bad Dates

Monday, February 9, 2009

Alrighty friends. Here are my Top Five Worst Dates. I won't mention any names, because I know that I am on at least one person's list of Worst Dates, and I would like it if my name weren't mentioned. Thanks! :D

-----------------------------
#5 Check Out these Guns
In college, Tiffany hooked me up with one of her totally hot friends. On our date, I quickly and unfortunately discovered that the boy was completely obsessed with working out. It was literally all he wanted to talk about. Yeah, he was that guy, who pulls up his sleeves to show you his biceps during dinner.

#4 This is a Bust
One night, going to a party in high school, my 17-year-old date stopped to buy beer at the convenience store on the way. I waited in the car. He got back with the beer and was about to start the car when several police officers went into the store and a couple of them approached us. (Yes, I was peeing my pants.) Turns out they were set up in the dark parking lot in the strip center next door, watching the place, waiting to catch them selling alcohol to people who were underage. They made my date get out and asked me to drive his car to the other parking lot, where they were taking him to do whatever it was they were going to do to him. I was so freaked out that I drove onto Main St. and into the next parking lot without ever turning on the headlights. The officers were nice and didn't give me a ticket. I'm pretty sure they rolled their eyes.

#3 All About the Ex
Cath and I met two navy guys at a club in Houston. We had a great time dancing all night and both went out with each of them individually the next day. Their submarine was docked in Galveston and my guy took me down there to hang out and meet some of his buddies. No sooner had he and I sat down to lunch at a lovely restaurant on the Strand, that he started talking about his ex-girlfriend, Carol. I still remember her name because he said it all day. He did mention several times that he was "totally over her." She sounded like a lot of fun. By the end of the day, I wanted to call Carol and hang out with her instead.

#2 Creepy McCreeperson Goes to the Mall
Went out with a customer I met at Gallagher's, where I was a hostess in high school. We met up at the mall for our date, where he greeted me with the oddest, brightest pink (and large) stuffed animal I've ever seen, which I then had to carry around all evening. Every store we went into, he wanted to buy me something. "You like that? I'll get it for you." Uh, no thanks! So weird. I was out of there in an hour. This was before cell phones and fake emergency calls from girlfriends. Pretty good, eh?

...and #1 Susie Q and Mr. Serious
I met this guy in a class at A&M. He asked me out to a trendy dance club. I put on my most awesome club dress and high heels. He showed up at my apartment with a dozen red roses- very sweet - but he was decked out in Western-wear, from the cowboy hat to the boots. I offered to go to the country dance place instead, but he insisted we go where we had planned. All night, guys at the club were making fun of him. Egads. I did convince him at some point to ditch the hat.

After the club, we went to Research Park (typically a very positive date experience, but not that night), where we spent a very long time chatting in the dark. He asked me where I wanted to live after college (me- a big city, him- a ranch in the middle of nowhere). He asked what kind of wedding I wanted (oh my) (me- large church wedding, him- intimate ceremony... on a ranch). He asked how many kids I wanted (OK, yikes!) (me- 1 or 2, him- 8 or 9). The conversation went on for what seemed like forever as I got more and more uncomfortable with the depth of the topics. He even talked about retiring in Arizona. (I didn't have much to say about retirement because I kinda hadn't thought about it, like, ever.)

The next morning there was a red rose on my doorstep with a note that he really enjoyed our talk and couldn't wait to see me again. Oh. Wow.
-------------------

Just thinking about this gives me another reason to be so happy that I'm married. lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP