Yahoo IM

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Finally figured out what (I think) was jacking up my Yahoo Messenger statuses these past few weeks. I switched to the new Yahoo mail, because the old one was hanging on me. The new Yahoo mail automagically logs you into... Yahoo Messenger. An online version. Helpful? Not.

There ensued a conflict between when I was logged into Mail, which I always am, and/or Messenger, which I frequently am not.

If you are having random YM troubles, simply log out of "chat" in the new Yahoo Mail. At the top left corner of the main mail page, there is the Yahoo logo, then "Hi So-and-So," then your status on Messenger. Turn that to "offline." Yahoo remembers this and will leave you logged out of the online interface forever unless you choose to use this oh-so-convenient feature.

The chat thing would be fine, but I'm pretty sure you can't post any status message from there. It's only available, busy or invisible. What fun is that? ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP