Deer

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We live in a typical suburban neighborhood of ranch style homes. Our particular lot happens to back to maybe a 1/4-mile-wide strip of dedicated green space (thank you Austin tree-huggers). Behind our picket fence, a herd (?) of deer appears most every morning to eat in the small clearing there. We usually keep the wild foliage mowed back about 15 feet, and they stay about that far away to be in the taller grass. We haven't mowed there for a while, so now they come right up to the fence. It's pretty cool.

I keep thinking I'll put some deer feed out there, but I don't want the wild slipping from the forest into my backyard. Plus, where does one purchase deer feed? I think they like the flowers I just planted, too. Ain't nobody gonna touch those.

Funny thing is, my friend who lives on what amounts to a small ranch in Wyoming never has deer in her yard. The occasional rabbit is all she reports. Awww... rabbits! The only other things I've seen (run over on the highway) in our area are armadillos (um, YUCK) and raccoons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP