Low Cost Decorating

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The decor shows always make art out of stuff they have lying around. Today I'm making art from stuff on the web. I did a Google image search for extra large images of Austin architecture, changed them all to greyscale and cropped them to size. Now I'm putting them in plain black 8x10 frames I got on sale at Hobby Lobby and I'll hang them together in a vignette. I have the Bullock Museum, the Capitol building, the 360 bridge and the Frost Bank building. Way cool!

This could be done with just about any subject. I was going to use calendar pages, but I was having trouble finding a calendar with black and white images. Calendars are another good source of "matching" photos though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP