Trattoria Lisina

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finally made it out to Trattoria Lisina in Driftwood at the Mandola Estate Winery. That's a little way's past the Salt Lick, for everyone who is familiar with that landmark.

The restaurant is much bigger than I thought it would be. It's beautiful, with hill country decor and an open kitchen visible in the dining area. You can even pull up a bar-style seat and watch the cooking. There is outdoor seating as well.

The antipasto misto appetizer was a nice sampling of meats and veggies. Everyone can choose their favorites from it. For dinner, I had the Saltimbocca alla Romana (veal scaloppine), which was to die for. It comes with escarole and polenta, neither of which I have ever had, and neither I wish to have again. Nothing against the restaurant, I just think those food items are better left for anyone but me. Polenta=Italian grits. It gags me to even think about it. lol. DH had ordered a side of Parmesan and garlic mashed potatoes, so I had some of that instead. They were absolutely yummo.

The only complaint I had was that the dining room is REALLY LOUD. It's because it's a single large room. Next time we'll try eating outside. Other than that, it was really good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP