Spanky

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our 9-year-old cat has been acting strangely on and off for a couple of weeks. Last night and through today, he was acting like he was seeing things that weren't there and he was mostly under the bed or in our closet. About 5 o'clock, he started having seizures every 15 minutes or so. (Note- seizures are very scary to watch but not harmful to the cat.)

The vet (an Aggie doc thankyouverymuch) at the animal hospital discovered that he had super low blood sugar, which probably was making him see weird things, and was definitely causing the seizures. After some tests, they decided he had a pancreatic tumor and wouldn't be able to regulate his blood sugar anymore. He had to be put to sleep.

Jeff stayed with our last cat when he was euthanized (ironically enough, with diabetes). I stayed with Spanky this time. And now my head hurts and I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 17, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

That is so sad! I had to put my cat of 14 years to sleep. It is not an easy task. I was relieved to know that it is painless and very quick for the cat. I was so attached to "Joshua".

Kathy July 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

It's awful. I guess we all go through it with our pets. It never is easy though.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP