Happy Hump Day!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I've begun the major work to migrate the Foundation website to the new content management system. National wants us to upload all current assets to their servers for the upcoming training sessions. (I'm not exactly sure why we can't copy from the current site as we set up the new site, but that's what they want. I am here to please!) There's no direct file transfer possible between the current site and national. That means I have to manually copy every single bit of text (no html allowed, so I lose all formatting *sad face*), every link, every PDF, image and form in the entire site to my computer, then upload to national.  Plus I need to rename every file to a new naming convention. It's going to take several days and a ton of verification that I have everything. Whee!

It was a stifling 109 degrees in Austin yesterday. So we did what good Texans do on the first cripplingly hot day of summer- we made ice cream. Does anyone really put homemade ice cream in the freezer to harden before they eat it? The best part about it is tossing it into a bowl in its soft-serve, easily melting form and digging in. Once the leftover ice cream goes into the freezer and hardens, that stuff is like a brick. (Some people are saying, "Leftover homemade ice cream? What is that?")

I finally went to the new Whole Foods. Everyone has been raving about that place. I really enjoy going to the one downtown, mostly because of the cool factor, the wine bar and the bakery's bread section. The south location has only one good thing- excessively large parking spots. Other than that, I think it is very tiny and highly overpriced. The produce was crazy expensive. $2.99 for a cantaloupe? Holy crapcakes. Apples were in the high 2's per pound. HEB has organic produce for a lot less. The bakery (and bread selection) isn't anything to write home about in this location. Neither are the cured meats and cheese. I guess I'm just an HEB/Central Market girl.

The cafe was crowded, just like downtown. I've never eaten there, but I hear good things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP