Sunday Stealing

Sunday, June 3, 2012

What is it with all this public breastfeeding discussion all-of-a-sudden. I think breastfeeding in public is fine, as long as you don't expose yourself while doing it. We live in the remnants of a Puritanical society that frowns upon women showing their breasts in public, or even showing too much cleavage for that matter. You don't get a free pass just because you're feeding a baby.

(After our discussion of this topic, I duly note here that Jeff does not frown upon women showing their breasts in public, or showing too much cleavage. He's very progressive.)

Gotta love the "it's natural" argument. Peeing is a natural thing, too. It's totally OK do it outside, as long as your private parts are sheltered from public view.

So breastfeed away, wherever and whenever you want to! Just get out a receiving blanket or whatever is in fashion these days- something much more chic I am certain- and cover up.

Guys thinking exposed breastfeeding moms are hot-- creepy.

Breastfeeding your preschool-age child-- also creepy. We had one mom in Gymboree when Lauren was 2 who was still breastfeeding her toddler's 4-year-old brother. At Gymboree. The moms were unanimously appalled.


Sunday Stealing: The Imaginary Meme, Part Three

41. Growing up, who was the easier mark: Mom or Dad? 
Most definitely my dad.

42. What is the stupidest pet that you ever saw?
Well, that would have to be Dad's leftover bait minnows (I choose to think of them as my little "rescued minnows") that I kept in a fish bowl for about a week. When I got home from a sleepover the next weekend, Mom had flushed them told me they "got sick and died." :)

43. Tell us about a band whose every CD is a “must have”. 
I have a lot of favorite artists and bands, and I can't really say for any of them that EVERY CD is a must-have. Second albums almost universally suck. Well, I'll go with The Beatles.

44. Where you surprised when Jim Parsons came out?
As surprised as I was when Ellen came out.

45. Have you ever shoplifted? 
When I was a kid, Lori and I each stuck a 2-cent green apple bubblegum from the candy aisle in our pockets, just to do it. We felt SO incredibly guilty for the next week that we went back and put a bunch of pennies in the change dish there.

46. We currently have a person who plays both this meme and Saturday 9 who signs in to Mr. Linky every week. Yet, if you click on that link, you are told that only “members” can read the blog. Why do you think that person even bothers to sign in or for that matter, do the meme? (Don't misunderstand, we have no rules and we aren't angry. But it is damn peculiar, no?)
I can see why they do the meme, because whether or not any of us can see it, their visitors can see it and copy it to their own blogs. Maybe they sign in, because they are looking for people to apply for membership to see their blog.

47. Have you ever driven a Ferrari? 
Nope. I'd rather drive a Beemer Z series, if I ever get the chance.

48. What do you call those little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces?
I believe the technical term for them is "plastic thingies."

49. Have you ever walked more than a mile?
I walk about a mile and a half in my neighborhood almost every day.

50. Do you believe in magic?
In a young girl's heart? How the music can free her whenever it starts? Yes.

51. Have you ever been arrested? 
Um, no. The closest I've come to being arrested was at A&M Bonfire in 1987 (I was 20), when a TABC agent caught me with a beer. He just made me pour it out. Jeff would add here that I had two beers in my jacket pockets that I voluntarily pulled and poured out as well. Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do...

52. Have you ever skinny dipped?
I've swum topless in the ocean, and skinny dipped in a hot tub. So technically, not really. It's on the bucket list.

53. Explain what you think about hippies.
They seem to be positive people, who appreciate the simple joys of life. Sometimes they need a bath, and to lay off the MJ.

54. New York or California?
California, whose clear edge is the weather.

55. Have you ever been dumped?
Yes

56. What are you wearing right now?
athletic shorts and a black, lacy tank top

57. John Edwards had a mistrial. How do you think he conducted himself after the verdict? 
Like the fake, smarmy liar he's always been.

58. Did you watch the series finale of House? 
No. We haven't watched the last few seasons. I LOVED that show for years though. Sad to see it go.

59. You may need to go back a long way if you are old like Harriet. Who was the last person who asked you out?
Other than Jeff? I don't specifically remember the names of any of the random guys who asked me out after Charlie, but the last one may have been Tiffany's bodybuilding friend- number 5 on my worst dates list.

60. Do you have any collections? 
Every year I get a Christmas ornament related to something from that year, so I have a 22-ornament collection and Lauren has a 18-ornament collection that I have begun for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP