Healthcare Ruling

Friday, June 29, 2012

This Obamacare thing... I've mostly paid attention to the parts that I support, so I have to admit I don't know about every detail. I'm all for the general concept of it, especially mandating that everyone have health insurance, which not only saves lives, but allows insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions (because people aren't allowed to just purchase insurance after they are diagnosed with something). I also applaud the part of the law that requires coverage of many screening procedures for healthy people to find problems earlier. I still don't understand how it's costing the government a dime, so I need to look into that. I do love watching people run around rejoicing they're getting something for free. If it's costing the government something, it is costing you something. The value of any program may totally be worth the additional taxes you'll pay, but rest assured, it's not free.

Justice Roberts did exactly as Supreme Court justices are supposed to do. He ruled on whether or not he felt the law was constitutional, not if he felt it was right or wrong. Bravo. Every one of them should do the same, every time. The Supreme Court should be one place in government where we can be spared the tug-of-war between partisan lemmings.

Who immediately made negative comments about Roberts via the news outlets? Angry conservatives and suspicious liberals. I guess you know you're doing the right thing, when both parties are irritated.

~

I love chatting with Angel. We continuously live a parallel life. I cannot tell you how many minute details of our current situations and even back through childhood are strikingly similar.We should seriously write a book.

At one point yesterday, she said her hubby is now traveling five days a week for work. I told her to check out this site that sells... well... a product for people who are apart and want to have date nights online. She didn't text me back for about 15 minutes. I told her I wasn't sure whether she was quiet because she was so horrified or because she was signing up for the service. Heh.

Soon she ROFL'd and said she was "driving." Suuuuure she was.

Angel says Jeannie Klisiewicz (on the Ellen show) and Lauren and I are very similar. So if anyone out there is wondering what I'm like... there ya' go.

Friday Five: Oooh, Ahhh, Wow!

1. What were the events leading up to your most recent utterance of oops
I dropped a plastic cup that bounced all over the kitchen.

2. What were the circumstances that led to your most recent utterance of aha!?
We were watching the season premiere of Falling Skies and I finally figured out that the dinosaurs I kept waiting to see were actually on the now-cancelled Terra Nova. Falling Skies is aliens. Yes.

3. What most recently caused you to say ick?
Mystery gunk that stuck on a sheet pan after being washed in the dishwasher.

4. What inspired your most recent utterance of yum?
Homemade chocolate ice cream

5. Where were you (and what was going on?) the last time you said ooooooooh?
Angel and I were discussing Joe Manganiello late last night.

"Werewolves don't wear underwear."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP