Indecent Proposal

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Joke of the night last night with Cathy and the Jeffs...

Somehow we got on the subject of if there were any sum of money that would get Cathy or I to sleep with someone we found extremely unattractive. The question evolved into being specified as "a very elderly, unattractive guy like the one Anna Nicole Smith married." (Disclaimer: This was not intended to disrespect elderly guys, but to add the pervy element of the extreme age difference. We all agreed that when we're 85, we'll be perfectly happy to sleep with 85-year-olds. We now return you to your regular programming.)

Were there ground rules for what we had to do?

"Whatever he wants."

Cathy said absolutely not, for any sum of money. Cuz she takes the high road in these things. When she knows I'm about to take the low one anyway.

I said I'd do it for a million dollars. The response from the group? "No you wouldn't!!"

"I might have to hurl, but I would get through it."

Cathy says, "Just don't hurl on..."

(I think she's going to say "...the guy." )

"...THE MONEY!"

Just don't hurl on the money. Nice high road there, CJ. ;)


Saturday 9: Happy Turkey Day 2010

1. Tell us about your very favorite Thanksgiving.
Has to be the year (not sure which) in college when KathyL's parents took us all out to lunch in College Station before the football game where we beat the snot out of t.u. WHOOP.

2. What are you doing for Turkey Day this year?
Going to a fabulous hotel brunch with JeffC. We went there last year and loved it, so we're going for the replay this year. Then that night we are having an "Ass Whoopin' Party," so dubbed by ScottK, who has no care in the world who wins the A&M/t.u. game, but assumes A&M will win big.

3. If you were to go to somebody else’s house, what would be your favorite dish to bring?
My sweet potato casserole with the pecan/brown sugar topping. No disgusting marshmallows! Whee!

4. Tell us about the funniest person that you'll be with this Thanksgiving.
That would probably be JeffC. Last night I told him he should have a blog for all his witty and interesting observations. He won't do it, so I said I would start one and just post everything he says. He said I could call it "Sh*t My Friend Jeff Says." Ahaha.

5. What would surprise us to know about your Thanksgivings?
I have never cooked a whole turkey. The biggest Thanksgiving meat I've cooked myself has been a turkey breast. We've stayed home for Thanksgiving since Lauren was about five, so it's a small group for the meal portion of the day, sometimes just the three of us. I can only eat holiday leftovers a couple of times before I gag at the sight of those food containers.

6. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see?
No drama with such a small group. Ask me about Christmas.

7. What did your family do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid? Do you still do it?
We always went to my mom's parents' house in College Station. Huge family (my mom was one of five kids), huge meal. Football on TV all day. Playing with my cousins outside for hours. Nope, we don't do that since my grandparents moved to Dallas several years ago. :(

8. We know you've been asked this probably 15 times this week. But share with us in 2010, what are you most thankful for?
Jeff still having his job, Lauren having grown into such a responsible, bright and generally awesome young lady, my treasured friends and reusable shopping bags.

9. Okay, the big question: are you going to 'attend' any of the "Black Friday" sales? ...and if you are, are you hard core serious like the 5 am "be there" crowd?
I will avoid stores like the plague on Friday. My mother-in-law LOVES shopping on Black Friday at 5am. I used to tag along, sipping my coffee, just irritated with the crowds. Yeah, you can get someone a Christmas sweater for five bucks, but you have to fight fifty sleep-deprived women over it. Without spilling your latte. No thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP