Whoop!!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Aggieeeeeeeeees!!!!!!! The game was AWESOME. A little too close for my liking, but it definitely was not boring. Scott and Julie brought Kirsten along, whom Julie claimed was a Longhorn fan, which she always had been (as was Lauren). Well, turns out that Kirsten, as Lauren, has decided not to go to UT. On top of that, she hates football. (What is the DEAL with people hating football, the greatest sport on earth?!) So the group maintained its natural tilt towards the Aggie side. Whew.

Early in the game, Kirsten left to hang out with friends and Lauren went to watch the game at Zach's house. When ESPN was panning the crowd at the game on TV, Julie said we should keep an eye out for our daughters. I said, "Yeah, they're there with a beer in each hand." We laughed, but we watched a little more closely after that. Haha.

The last time we were with Scott and Julie, I was telling them about my new love affair with chocolate and red wine. He said I had to try this "chocolate wine" at World Market. We all cringed. Last night, he brought me a bottle. It's a mixture of chocolate, cream and red wine. It looks like a screw-top wine bottle full of Yoohoo, but it tastes almost exactly like Bailey's Irish Cream. Seriously. It was pretty good. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, but yeah.

The hotel Thanksgiving brunch rocked. I didn't like it quite as much as last year, but it was still delicious and I always like when I don't have to cook. Although... I did cook a bunch of stuff for the game last night. I would never have done that, had I made a turkey in the morning.

It took Jeff a few minutes to figure out I was going for the Saints when we tuned in to the last ten minutes of the Dallas game. He forgets I grew up in Houston as a very serious Oilers fan, and our football teams were mortal enemies back then. Honestly, I could not have cared less who won the Dallas/NO game last night, but I had to pick someone. It's nice to pick correctly though. :)

This morning, the in-laws are flying in from Dallas for a late celebration of Lauren's birthday. Flying back this afternoon. I have but one simple tip for all of you today: Take a job at an airline the last ten years of your working life, then get free flights anywhere forever for you and your spouse when you retire. Positively brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP