Patience, Young Jedi

Saturday, November 27, 2010

It seems that the iPhone 5 will be coming out in June. Of course, my contract is up in MAY, and I'm already counting the days. So I'll have to decide between the 4 and the 5. I'm guessing I'll want the new one. *sigh* Patience is not one of my virtues.

Jeff finally got his Android phone. (He hasn't even had internet access on his cellphone until now.) He loves that thing. It has a lot of cool features, but two things are weird:

1) you can't set different ringtones for different people, and
2) all the apps continue running in the background when you close them.

What the...?

I guess every phone I've ever had has some features I wanted and is missing others. I would like to mention that all these months I've been going on and on about iPhone and its cool apps, Jeff was shaking his head and rolling his eyes. He's now the biggest app addict ever.

Kimberly sent me a link to a FB page, and asked me if it was a guy who worked with us at Gallaghers back in the day. I said it looked like him, but Frankie wouldn't be 22 today. Hee hee. Ahhh how many times I've done that- spotted someone I thought I knew from a long time ago, but realized unless they just stepped out of a time machine from 1987, it's not them.

Greg from high school friended me on FB. He's the one with whom I share like 20 real-life, good friends, but I don't remember at all from school. The one I ambushed at the 25th reunion this summer. I was going to friend him myself as soon as I got home from the reunion, but I had had enough beer that night that I wasn't quite sure if he was amused or annoyed by our brief conversation. My buddies have assured me that I knew him back then, but so far none have been able to stir any memory at all. Nice guy though. No wonder all my friends hung out with him.

I can see it now... like an episode of Seinfeld... where every single time I left the lunch table to get a napkin or something, he showed up and then left before I returned. Kimberly would say goodbye to me before third period, then he would walk her to class. He was at every party we went to, but in the next room. He played bass in our band, but always stood just out of my peripheral vision...

1 comments:

Unknown November 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

The ringtone thing is supposed to be fixed in the new Android OS. The background thing well I don't know. It would be interesting to know what is going on in the Apple OS since they bandaided in allowing multiple apps to run at the same time in the first place.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP