Reunion in Review

Monday, July 19, 2010

This was my first high school reunion. It was actually quite a few of my classmates' first one as well! No one went into the lake... awww.

We started with dinner with three of my close high school buddies- Renee, Shane and Sheryl. Shane's wife, Teresa, who is also a classmate, Renee's and my friend Jacinda from the class ahead of ours, and Renee's hubby (Frank) and mine were also there. Then we caravaned over to the bar on the lake, where the reunion was already crowded and rockin' along.

So many great people were there! Old friends and acquaintances, and some spouses and friends of theirs. I couldn't walk ten feet without seeing someone and starting the hugfest all over again. Eee! Frank and Jeff pretty quickly established the "Plus One" table right by the deck railing outside, while we all flitted around inside for about an hour. Frank, Jeff and Jacinda were joined by Mandy, who came with a girlfriend who was a classmate of ours.

There was a huge fan inside that everyone kept walking past and then returning to stand in the air, since it was warm in there. Way more amusing than it should have been. There's a great photo of me with my hair blowing back like I'm in a photo shoot or something. Ahaha.

The bathroom decor was fabulous. Primping and chatting in the crowded mirror with a bunch of classmates, many of whom I hadn't spoken to in school, was really cool. Talking about the boys, etc. I went back a few times just to check my Houston hair and chit-chat with everyone who happened to be in there at the moment.

When the band started playing, we moved the party outside to the deck. We sort of had a dueling party with the people at the club next door. They had more boats, but we had more school spirit. Heh. Then the "Plus One" table became our home base. At some point Renee was talking about my BFF Grant J. I said, "Grant J is HERE?" She said "YES!" I said no way. She got up and grabbed my hand and dragged me back into the bar.

We wound through people until we came upon this very tall, Mr. Universe sort of guy, when she said "Kathy, this is Grant S!" (Not my Grant.) He gives me a huuuuuge hug. I said, "I don't think I know you, Grant. Do you know me?" He looked at my name tag. "Nope," he said. We both said it was nice to meet you... and I was like, Renee! WTF. So that was my one awkward moment of the entire night. It was fine. lol.

At one point Greg G was by our table outside and I called to him, "Greg G! Why do we know all the same people on Facebook, but I don't remember you from school at all? And I know you don't remember me." He said, "I remember you... (glance to my nametag) KATHY."

"Uh huh."

"We had physics together!" *grin*

So I still don't know him, but it was fun to finally meet him.

Luckily, it wasn't a whole night of "So what do you do?" and "How old are your kids?" Once those little interesting questions were answered, we easily floated right into everyday conversation, just like we were hanging out 25 years ago. We stayed until the very end. I loved it! Awesome event!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP