Steffy Consults "The Old Spice Guy"

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Old Spice guy (Isaiah Mustafa) tells George Stephanopoulos how Obama can regain the support of female voters. "...Hello ladies!" Ahahaa!



I seriously have a reminder sticky note here by my desk right now that says "add ninja to wishlist." Isn't Mafia Wars fun? Every now and then, someone impresses me with a witty MW name. Most recently it's "Don PĂ©rignon." *snort*

Tracy and I went to the Grease Sing-Along movie last night at the Alamo Drafthouse. John Travolta and Jeff Conaway in 1978- sooooooo freakin' cute. This was the first sing-along I've been to there. (This studio-produced sing-along is very unlike the not-so-fancy self-subtitled versions AD usually does, our host told us.) It was really fun. There were even party favors. It was really cool watching the film in a theater again, and with a very participatory audience, not only singing loud, but cheering, booing and quoting along as well. Incidentally, there is a filthy line in "Greased Lightning" that I didn't know until last night. "...You know that I ain't bragging, she's a real p***y wagon..." P-Wagon? Really? I never had a clue what he said there. I may have been mortified had I known at 11. Back then, we were all giggly just hearing him sing the S word.

This brings us to the song lyrics of the day. Sometimes just one phrase from a song really strikes me as brilliantly written. It's very difficult to write a few words that pack a lot of emotional punch, but here's one great example:

Song Lyrics of the Day

...You could crush me
but please don't crush me...

Mayday Parade, "Untitled "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP