What the FrenchToast

Monday, July 26, 2010

I (probably all too) frequently use silly words like "craptastic" or "coolio" (I said it waaay before Chasez did, so don't even start with me). A while back, I said "What the HIZZOW?" which Lauren immediately informed me was neither a word nor a cool allusion to the "fo' shizzle" sort of urban slang.

"What about, 'What the hizz'?"

"No."

So since then, I've been saying, "What the HOO-HA?!" And now? I've got other people saying it.

Dorks.

In other linguistics news, I was reading Lauren the directions in Spanish for cooking something in the microwave. I read, "En horno de microondas..."

Cue the eye roll. "Not hor-no," she says. "It's or-no."

HOLA. (heh) Yeah, I knew that.

And finally, on a completely unrelated note, when we were at JeffC's yesterday, there was an insect there which he informed us was a "damselfly" rather than a dragonfly. How freakin' CUTE is that? I've never heard of them. They are smaller and slimmer, and when they're at rest, their narrower wings are against their body, rather than away from it. Well, plus they have the long golden hair...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP