World Cup

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Germany vs. Spain was a long, but good soccer match. The players weren't taking falls. Refs not calling much. It was great. Congrats to Spain. My World Cup is over. I can't muster any real excitement over Spain or Netherlands. And watching a match for 3rd place is kinda blah, don't you agree?

If I end up watching the final, I could always use Lisa's "go for the hottest team" strategy. (She said Mexico was the hottest. Too bad I didn't see any of their games!) Between Netherlands and Spain, that would be Spain. Sure, Van der Vaart and Vorm are great, but Casillas.. *swoon*

 Van der Vaart

Vorm
Casillas

Or I could go with Angel's "best colors" choice. That would easily be Spain over the loudest orange on Earth.

I could use my own "best shirt font" strategy, like I did when, by some odd alignment of planets, I ended up watching Spain vs. Paraguay. I'm not a fan of the cartoony roundish numbers on Spain's jersey, but I like the round letters. The Dutch have extremely squared off letters and numbers. It looks like someone could impale themselves on those things. Spain wins there as well.

So, uhhh... GO SPAIN! :)

I enjoyed my dad's German beer selection- Warsteiner Dunkel- for the game watching. Jeff likes lighter beers and tried Spaten Premium Lager (eww) and Paulaner Hefe-Weizen (it was ok), but he hated both. By two minutes into the game, he had a Shiner in his hand. German beer from Texas. Probably why the Germans lost. Well, that and Müller being out.

Was I the only one going, "Meuuuuller?... Meuuuuller?..." through that entire game? Surely not.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

Let me make it easy for you. When you have a friend in Belgium, you never ever EVER support the Dutch team ;-)

Vamos Espagna!

(not anon, but Eva here. open ID isn't working for some reason)

Kathy July 8, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

I guess it's Spain all the way then!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP