Date Night

Saturday, July 31, 2010

But first...

Dear Facebook,

Do you really have to get rid of the "most recent" news feed? For a while yesterday, when I clicked on Most Recent, it just gave me the "Top Stories." I'm guessing that means we're one bumbling and inelegant step away from that change coming out of beta.

Your fancy Top Stories algorithm doesn't ever show me the stories I care about. Not even close. They're not the friends with whom I interact most, nor are they the types of posts I want to see.

No love,
Me

Date night last night! We had dinner at Evangeline's and played games at Dave and Buster's. I complained to the dude selling us the game card at D&B, "You don't have any pinball games!" He laughed and replied, "We used to have one, but no one played it, so they took it out."

Yeesh. He must have thought I said "jukebox."

His suggestion as I was walking away- "You could play skeeball!"

On what planet is skeeball a reasonable substitute for pinball?

Skeeball.

I did get 1st place on some driving game. I also did awesome on Galaga, as usual. (So they have Galaga, but not a single pinball game in the building?) My favorite game was actually Deal or No Deal, where I made case choices based on the sentimental and personal significance of the numbers, while my husband made his case choices by the size of the models' boobs. Everyone has their system.

Saturday 9: Bad Day

1. Is there anything that you tend to do to cheer up when you are having a bad day?
Find something fun to go out and do with someone. Call a friend. Listen to music.

2. What’s the last card game you played, and with whom did you play?
Uno Attack with Lauren and Jeff

3. What’s the last board game you played, and with whom did you play?
Balderdash with Jeff, Lauren, Jim and Jaxon on the cruise

4. What’s the last computer game you played, and with whom did you play?
My gaming geek friends are going to have a field day with me. Is this a question about PC games or do Playstation and Wii count? The last Wii game I played was Super Mario Galaxy 2, with Lauren as my occasional Luma helper. The last PC game I played was - (do online games like Mafia Wars count? I'm so sucking at this question)- Spider Solitaire.

5. Is there somewhere you’d like to visit but have not, and where is it?
There are so many destinations I have yet to see! I'd love to visit Italy- my mother's favorite place.

6. Think of your favorite movie (or a movie you really like, if you can’t think of a favorite). Some people say that the reasons you love your favorite movie are related to what you value in romantic relationships. How is this true or untrue in your case?
I have a lot of favorite movies, but I decided on Lord of the Rings before reading all the way through the question, so I'll stick with that one.

If we go straight to the obvious and look at the Aragorn/Arwen romance in the film, yes. They have the basics of caring and passion covered, and also a sort of timeless bond that survives obstacles like distance and temptation.

If we turn down the lights, put on our berets and get all deep and stuff, and contemplate the story itself, I also very much value a "team" (or "partnership" since there are two rather than nine people in our little fellowship) vibe in a romantic relationship. Life's crap is going to come our way now and then, and we are in this together to get through it.

Also, a ring is always nice in a romantic relationship. ;)

7.What physical attributes do you find the most attractive?
Dark hair. Broad, toned shoulders.

8.How many people live in your house? Tell us about them.
Three. There's me, who everyone here knows. *waves* There's Jeff, my husband, who is a brainy engineer. He likes electronic gadgets, and does high-powered rocketry as a hobby. He's exceptionally knowledgeable in the interests he has, so people are always calling him for help with their computers, their rockets, etc. and he's happy to help out. He's tall and has the requisite dark hair and broad, toned shoulders. And finally, there is Lauren, our 16-year-old. She's a very pretty young lady with a great smile and a sparkly personality to match. She is a talented cheerleader and dancer and color guard... -er? She gets near perfect grades. Recently, she's been expressing an interest in attending Texas A&M. She is currently deciding between psychology and forensics as a major.

9. Ever punch someone in the face?
Yes. Myself during cardio-kickboxing. I have a fabulous right uppercut.

1 comments:

Eva,  August 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

Myself during cardio-kickboxing. I have a fabulous right uppercut.

Bahahahahaha!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP