Friday Already?

Friday, July 9, 2010

We saw The Last Airbender last night. It was alright. I liked the visual effects, but thought the dialogue sucked. The kid is adorable, but I'm not impressed with his acting. I didn't spot Night Shyamalan anywhere in the film. It's like Where's Waldo, isn't it?

From last week...

Saturday 9: Make Me Say It Again, Girl

1. Do you feel that you need to keep repeating yourself when talking to a particular person?
Jeff. In the last few years he's had hearing loss in one ear. The doc wonders if it was caused by rocket noise, but I think it's being married 20 years.

2. It's July. Do you have anything special planned?
We're going to Houston for my high school reunion and to Dallas for Lady GaGa!

3. Who is your big celebrity crush?
We all know the big one. In a very distant second... Bradley Cooper.

4. Tell us about a local restaurant you are sure we'd love.
Salt Lick. Best barbecue anywhere on earth. Featured in magazines and on Food Network. It's a casual place out in Dripping Springs, just south of Austin. Great side dishes, too. 

5. Tell us about the shyest person that you deal with regularly.
KathyL. I wouldn't call her shy in general, but she is probably the quietest person in most social situations. Not quiet at all around good friends. She's also very confident and forthright in a business context, and speaks at conferences all over the world, interacts with clients, etc.

6. What is your vision of heaven and hell?
Oh my. We got awfully serious on this one. Heaven I see as love and light (yeesh, I'm actually quoting the crazy chick from Real Housewives of NJ?). An ethereal sort of place, not like our current reality. I think we see our loved ones there, although I sometimes wonder how it goes when like Grandma is there, and then Grandpa arrives, and then Grandpa's second wife shows up. So I assume Heaven is stripped of all awkwardness.

Hell I see as another intangible sort of place, dark and lonely. No literal fires or any of that. It's torturous, but not in a physical way. More like being in a box. Forever.

7. What is your neighborhood like?
It's suburbia, which I love. Large community. Lots of neighbors. Beautifully landscaped. Most houses are two-story, which bums me out, because I want a one-story. We have those, just not too many, because I think the square footage is limited by the lots.

8. What's your favorite cook-out food?
Sausage. Reminds me of my family's cookouts when I was younger.

9. When was the last time that you saw fireworks?
Last weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP