Wednesday Wickedness

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

...the meme. Not anything perverted. That's tomorrow- Kinky Thursday.

Wednesday Wickedness: Ellen Degeneres Quotes

1. "I was coming home from kindergarten--well they told me it was kindergarten. I found out later I had been working in a factory for ten years. It's good for a kid to know how to make gloves." How old were you when you started working and what was your first job?
Sixteen- Gallagher's restaurant hostess

2. "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." Tell us about your grandparents.
My Opa died when I was very young. My Oma lives in Worms, Germany. She is a vivacious woman with a strong personality, who covers her envelopes in pretty little stickers when she mails us letters. She speaks not one word of English. She will absolutely never fly on an airplane, so we've always gone to see her. We love her!

with Lauren in 1996 in Schönau am Königssee 

 Opa and I- Germany, 1968

My Grandma died when I was 11. Her name is my middle name. She was a mom to five children who kept her very busy. She was funny and sweet and did a lot of volunteering at her church. Some of my favorite memories of her are during a trip we took with my mom and aunt to Wisconsin, where she is from. We were very close, and I have her photo on my desk.

 with me in Wisconsin 1976

My Grandpa just turned 90. He grew up in a tiny little town west of Houston, then after college, became an officer in the Army and traveled the world for many years. He retired as a colonel, worked at Texas A&M for several years, and continued his world traveling for fun. He has a great sense of humor. I really admire him.
 at his 90th bday lunch in 2010

3. "Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off." Do you procrastinate or are you on top of the situations?
I used to procrastinate a lot. Now, not so much. I like to get things done early, so I can play.

4. "Sometimes you can't see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others." What would others say about you?
They'd say I am brainy and very into music. Scotty says I'm "the life of the party." (Where the heck is Scotty, anyway?! Hellooooooo?)

5. "The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren't any space aliens. We can't be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we're not all there is. If so, we're in big trouble" Do you believe in life on other planets?
Carbon-based life forms? I doubt it, because there probably isn't another planet with the same physical characteristics of Earth, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

6. "I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that." Do you have a godchild?
I have two! Cathy's children, Scarlet and Julian.

7. "I don't understand the sizes anymore. There's a size zero, which I didn't even know that they had. It must stand for: 'Ohhh my God, you're thin.'" When was the last time that you were called too thin?
During radiation treatments when I was 21. I weighed less then than I did in the fifth grade.

8. "I have the worst memory ever so no matter who comes up to me - they're just, like, 'I can't believe you don't remember me!" I'm like, 'Oh Dad I'm sorry!'" Who was the last person that you should have recognized but didn't?
Jacinda from dinner the other night. Renee asked if we knew each other in high school and I said no, and I got the feeling she was about to say yes. Sure enough, I totally knew her. She has long hair now and had a very punk, short hairstyle in the 80s.

9. "I gotta work out. I keep saying it all the time. I keep saying I gotta start working out. It's been about two months since I've worked out. And I just don't have the time. Which uh..is odd. Because I have the time to go out to dinner. And uh..and watch tv. And get a bone density test. And uh.. try to figure out what my phone number spells in words." Do you work out? Have you ever joined a gym and quit almost immediately?
I work out five days a week at home. I belonged to an aerobics club in college for a couple of years, and went religiously. I belonged to a gym here in Austin, when Lauren was little, for about six months. She hated the childcare there, so it made it difficult to go.

10. "We use 10 percent of our brains. Imagine how much we could accomplish if we used the other 60 percent." Do you feel that you utilize all your intelligence in every situation?
If only any of us did!

2 comments:

Eva,  July 21, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Your granddad looks amazing for his age!

Kathy July 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

He does, doesn't he? I hope it's genetic.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP