Put a Shirt On

Thursday, July 22, 2010

After Lauren left around 5:30 last night for a sleepover, I worked out (late- yuck). My workout outfit du jour was capris and a sports bra top, and I had it on for maybe an hour and a half. Then I had to run something over to her, so I tossed my daytime clothes back on really quick (denim capris and a lightweight linen top) and hopped in the car.

About halfway there, I was stopped at a crowded traffic light. A very creepy feeling came over me-- that I had put on my regular bra again, but NOT my shirt, because I had gotten used to just the sports bra. I slowly looked down... I had the shirt on. It would have been a better blog story if I hadn't, but there you go.

Also last night, I was jamming along making dinner and I got to the third line of the recipe and it said "marinate overnight." Yeesh. I did an hour. It wasn't really long enough. Later we were watching a show on Travel Channel about some restaurants in Puerto Rico where they marinate everything for at least two days. Now that is my kind of marinating! ...As long as I know ahead of time.

I LOVED Inception. I wasn't sure I liked it at all for the first ten minutes, but the movie is almost 2.5 hours long, and I felt like it was an hour-and-a-half, it was so compelling. Pure drama and action. Not "cerebral" like The Matrix, but along the same lines, you do have to pay attention to what is going on. There are many different things occurring at the same time, with the same people, in different places, at different speeds, so it helps to skip the potty break and keep up. I'm telling you, do not get a drink. It'll save you a squirmy hour... and about $6.

Instead of the song lyrics of the day, I have for you a...

Screenplay Line of the Day

Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss, but every once in a while, you find someone who's iridescent. And when you do, nothing will ever compare.

Bryce's grandfather tells him this in next month's Rob Reiner film, Flipped

I literally had to stop and catch my breath. If I have ever wanted to be anything in life, honestly, it's "iridescent." It makes me think of someone with innate joy. I absolutely adore that line. I want it on a poster on my office wall.

Yeah, in a week, I'll have an office again! I share it with a bunch of books and supplies and a fridge, but hey! It's mine. :-)

3 comments:

scotty,  July 22, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

i have a dream like that about every week...forgetting to get dressed...
hey...did you post this link??? i can`t remember...so...if you didn`t...I think you will really like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8PAuvxCZuM


I would love to be involved in some kind of group like "on the rocks"

Kathy July 22, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

OMG. That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to be in an a capella group like that! Let's start our own. ;)

Kathy July 22, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

And hey! Get on IM! Where the heck are you?!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP