Hello Beautiful Saturday!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's highly likely KathyL is losing her job this week, as a casualty of a merger and re-org. :(  She is very high up in the company, and it may take her a while to find something else. She may also have to move out of Austin, which would be very sad. Last night, we discussed starting a business together, but we were drinking wine, so our brainstorming was not very fruitful. Our most realistically profitable idea was opening a Krispy Kreme in the neighborhood, but I don't need Krispy Kreme nearby, and I certainly don't need to be working there. We did think of a perfect location that we know would make a lot of $$$.

I'm heading out-of-town for one of Jeff's rocket launches today. Lauren and a few friends are going out to a very nice dinner tonight for her birthday (which is actually on Tuesday).


Patrick's Saturday Six

1. Which late night host, past or present, would you consider television’s all-time greatest?
Johnny Carson. When I was 8-10, I used to sneak out of my room and stand silently in the hallway to watch the Tonight Show. My parents finally got to where they would periodically turn around and see if I was there. Sometimes I was actually asleep in my bed. HA. :p

2. Which late night host, past or present, would you consider television’s all-time worst?
Arsenio Hall, although I am as guilty of watching as most of you.

3. On average, how many nights per week do you actually watch a late-night talk show?
five - I always watch Letterman, except on the occasional Friday when I'm not home.

4. Which popular late-night skit are you most likely to enjoy: a good monologue, a man-on-the-street segment, an audience quiz, a funny headlines segment, or a hidden camera segment?
a good monologue - by far

5. Take the quiz: What Late Night Show Are You?
Ack. Can't stand Jay Leno. But this is a pretty accurate description of me.

You Are the Tonight Show
You are old fashioned and down to earth. Once you like something, you usually stick with it.
You find it easy to laugh, and you have a good sense of humor.
You are laid back and hard to upset. Even if there is drama going on around you, you avoid it.
You're just here to have a good time. Too bad to anyone who isn't!


6. If you had to appear on a late night talk show, which one do you think you’d be most comfortable as a guest on?
Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I love Dave, but if you say anything remotely stupid, he will punish you for it, for the sake of the laugh. While I enjoy watching others squirm, I wouldn't want to do it myself. Craig is one of those people who always makes his guests look good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP