Fun at the Library

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The kids who hang out in the library a lot are typically big readers... and very bright and creative young people. Also, VERY CHATTY. (Not that the librarian and I aren't chatters ourselves, mind you. We chatted about that just today.) They sound like little adults sometimes. I've recently gotten very animated movie reviews, emotional commentary on 9/11 which happened when they were two, and lengthy accounts of their summer travel plans. Today I had a music chat with one of them, where I actually came out looking fairly cool with my knowledge of Linkin Park's discography (Minutes to Midnight wasn't a great album, the newest one is much better, etc.) It's non-stop talk there. Not the typical quiet library.

Also at the library... Every so often an adult library patron comments how good I am with names. And I'm pretty sure one teaching assistant thought I was stalking him when I remembered his name from several months before. Yesterday, I got the additional, "Well, you have a librarian brain. You remember everything!" Actually, I have a scientist brain. I just figure I can save a good 1.56 seconds checking someone out by entering their name without asking.

In other news...

My new favorite link of the day:

IKEA Hackers

Some of the ideas aren't as awesome as others, but many are downright inspiring! Be sure and take a look at the "top hacks" on the right side, too. Those are the best of the best from past years.

I may do this vanity in Lauren's bedroom. Too cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP