Not Quite a Spa Day

Monday, May 2, 2011

Yesterday, I got the chlorine treatment for the hot tub and opened it up to weigh out 1.4 ounces of the powder. (Um, why on earth can't any spa chemical packages give me a measurement in teaspoons? Yeesh.) As soon as I opened it, it started sort of clumping together in the jar. Very weird. I watched for a second and then gave it a little shake.

I  breathed in a face full of deadly chlorine fumes, plopped the thing down on the table and tore out of the room, before I even realized what had happened. I found myself in the kitchen, coughing. The back of my throat and nose were burning.

I wasn't throwing up or coughing too much and I didn't pass out (all bad signs). It was just a lot of irritation in my throat and nose. Google told me that I probably had nothing to worry about, because of my mild symptoms and brief exposure, but I was very careful for the next couple of hours, as "fluid may build in your lungs" over that time. (It didn't.)

SCARY. I won't be using that chemical anymore. Back to Dichlor. We never had a problem with that stuff.

We watched all the coverage of the bin Laden thing last night, switching from channel to channel. It's amazing how much misinformation is out there in the early stages of an event. One channel kept saying he was killed a week ago and they were just now saying because the DNA tests were finally back. Another said he was killed yesterday morning and the DNA had already been confirmed (is it that fast?). Yet another said he was killed yesterday and the DNA wasn't back yet. I haven't seen any news today. Hope they got it all figured out!

Meet Me on Monday

1. What is your favorite kind of muffin?
cranberry-orange

2. What was the first car you ever owned?
a 6- or 7-year-old Mazda GLC- maroon. Got it when I was 20 for $1200. My mom paid half and I paid half.

3. Which TV Show were you sad to see end?
most recently- FlashForward

4. What is your lucky number?
I don't really have one. My favorite number is 3.

5. Pretzels or Potato Chips?
pretzels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP