Downton Abbey

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

All I hear about around town and on the tube is how awesome the PBS show Downton Abbey is. For a few weeks now, friends have been asking me if I'm watching it, and the whole time I've been calling it Downtown Abbey. I assumed it was a modern day take on Upstairs Downstairs, set in an extravagant, palatial condo in downtown London- probably with some "Friends"-like, young cast who inherited the place.

Finally, Lauren says to me at lunch, "Did you say 'DownTOWN Abbey??' It's Downton."

How can I go two weeks talking with several people in person and online about this show and not only do none of us recognize I'm mispronouncing it, but we never actually talk about the show itself and how it doesn't take place in present day, or in the city? All the commentary is about having the urge to speak with an English accent after watching. So funny.

It's the first show I've actually found on Netflix in months, although the recommendation is to watch on DVD, because the extras are really great. I will be checking it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP