Rod Serling Says Hi

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Last night, it appeared Kathy was calling my cell. When I answered, it was her mom, Judy (Kathy and her mother, Judy. Sound familiar? Incidentally, her mom is one of the three teachers named Judy at Pearland High School after whom The Judy's are named. But I digress....). She is staying with Kathy's son this week while Kathy is in England.

Judy: Hi Kathy.
Me: Hi!
Judy: What time is it?
Me (???): 8:30.
Judy: 8:30???!!
Me: Yes?
Judy: How could it be 8:30? Where ARE you?!
Me: At home. Is everything ok?
[silence as we are both very, very confused]
Judy: ...Ohhhh...

She had called me by accident when she meant to call her daughter, where it was 2:30 a.m. at the time. Total Twilight Zone. Yeah, we were laughing it up, but honestly, I was thisclose to going over there. :)

I guess the Twilight Zone reference has become completely outdated, since it's from 1960 the Twilight series came out and everyone under 40 thinks it's a reference to Jim and Belle, or whatever their names are. I'm kidding. I know their names. Something and Bella. And Jacob, who is an adult, so I am allowed to ogle him when he removes his shirt, thankyouverymuch.

Well, while Lauren and I were playing speedminton, I hit myself in the head with my racquet. (I'm well-coordinated. I have no idea what went wrong there.) It was one of those "oh, it's fine" things until this morning, when I woke up and my pillow was pressing relentlessly against a painful bump on my head. I hate when that happens! I was sure I had escaped, totally unscathed. Looks like it's going to be a Motrin day.


RIP Dick Clark. He lived such an amazing life, full of music and laughter. There's not much better than that.

For now, Dick Clark... So long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP