A&M Yearbook from 1928

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Why is it that all the cool stuff is happening while we're out of town on vacation?? Waahhh!

I know, I know... first world problems.

Jeff donated blood yesterday and one of the guys working there was an Aggie. He happened to have a 1928 Texas A&M yearbook and after they'd talked a while, he actually loaned it to Jeff so he and Lauren and I could look at it. How awesome is that?!

The yearbook was (ironically) called The Longhorn back then. The book is beauuuuutiful. The cover is leather and the color pages are all embossed. The hand-drawn artwork throughout is amazing. The cadet's name is in it. He was a senior that year.





To go along with the Longhorn name, the 1928 baseball team's caps have a T on the front, although not in orange. I'm guessing.



We had an International Livestock Judging team back then. They had a coach. Not kidding.



There are women through the book, who I understand are the cadets' girlfriends. This is from the "Beauties" section:



Funny, Camel didn't mention her child-bearing hips. :)

From the very amusing miscellaneous photos section:


Such wise-crackers, those yearbook editors of '28!


Saturday 9: Ain't Too Proud to Beg

1. What was the last thing that you begged for?
A bike when I was 7. Maybe I am too proud to beg.

2. Have you ever lost a best friend after a fight?
Heavens no. I think the only fight one can have with a best friend that ends the friendship is if they've got something going on with your significant other. Otherwise, you get over it or work it out.

3. When was the last time you just wanted to be invisible?
In November, there was a "suspicious finding" on my mammogram. They whisked me straight into ultrasound. I made it through the testing without freaking out, but when the nurse told me I was fine, I burst into tears. It was some big promotional mammogram day for people who have never had them. I didn't want to scare any newbies in the unusually crowded dressing/lounge area, but I had to go in there and change. I just wanted to put a bag over my head.

4. Which room of your home tends to be the messiest?
not surprisingly, the 18-year-old's!

5. You are to be locked in a room forever with a celebrity. You get to choose. Who do you pick?
Umm.... hmmmm... I'll go wiiiiiiiith... George Clooney.

 

Handsome AND entertaining, so we wouldn't be bored.

6. Has someone ever left another person to be with you?
Yikes. No. I would never want anyone to do that.

7. What’s been kind of a drag for you lately?
Kathy being in Europe all the time. :(

8. How are you different from your (current or most recent) significant other?
I like to be around lots of people and energetic environments. He likes more relaxing, quiet spaces.

9. What is the most perverted thing someone has ever said to you? 
Is it perverted if you're completely willing to try it? ;)  (I'll never tell.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP