We're Baaaaack

Sunday, April 29, 2012

We have returned from a week-long cruise on the Oasis of the Seas, the largest cruise ship on Earth! Wheeeee! The ship was fabulous and I should have photos and a review coming up tomorrow.

Evidently while I was gone, tons of us Blogger bloggers received a legitimate email from Google that says we have to migrate our accounts (although I am certain I migrated mine a few years ago).  "...Your email address is associated with an unmigrated legacy Blogger account..." The problem is-- none of us can log in with our login info at the page where they want us to accomplish this task. The message says we'll all lose our blogs on May 30 if we don't complete the process. The Google help board is lit up with comments and questions. *facepalm* I love Google, but this sort of buggy weirdness makes me crazy.

While I was gone, Kimberly got an email that she shared with me:

Kimberly --

Mark your calendar: On May 10th, George Clooney is hosting an event at his home in Los Angeles to support President Obama.

If you donate $10 or whatever you can today, you'll be automatically entered to be there, too.

We'll take care of airfare and accommodations -- all you need to do is think about who you'd ask to join you for an evening with President Obama and George Clooney.

When you pitch in, you'll also help build this grassroots organization at a crucial moment in the campaign.

So donate $10 or whatever you can today:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Obama-Clooney-and-You

Thanks,

Rufus

Rufus Gifford
National Finance Director
Obama for America


... along with a comment that she's suddenly feeling less ambivalent about the election. I asked if she was taking me, but she said that Gib wanted to go. Whaaaa...?? Please.

A few hours later, she forwards:

Kimberly --

I have some advice for the two people who will be selected to go to a party for the President at George Clooney's house:

Choose your guest wisely.

Whoever you pick to join you is going to owe you big time.

Think about it -- and chip in $5 or whatever you can today to be automatically entered:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Obama-Clooney-and-You


- Ann Marie

Ann Marie Habershaw
Chief Operating Officer
Obama for America

P.S. -- Regarding your airfare and hotel, we've got it covered. Just get your name in the mix today.


Yes!! Choose wisely! I would be far more grateful than Gib. And the campaign wouldn't need to pay my airfare and hotel. I would totally donate that in a heartbeat if I won. Just saying. Heading over to donate now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP