Welcome to the SEC

Sunday, November 25, 2012

A&M 10-2 for our inaugural season in the SEC. And the naysayers said we would suck. HA!

Yes, I feel better having gotten that off my chest. :)

Did I mention we lost those two games to Florida by only 3 and LSU by only 5 and we beat Ala-freakin-bama? It is true. Okay, even I didn't think the season would be that awesome. What a joy to be wrong!

Johnny is a big factor, but the entire team played well, even the second string, which we saw a lot of because of all the high scoring games. Going into next year, we will retain a very strong team, perhaps even stronger. Recruiting is crazy good.

Another big factor- Coach Sumlin. Bravo to him for his great coaching, including not letting even big names get away with breaking team rules. Sumlin is admirably cool and level-headed on the field, proving that one does not have to pop a blood vessel, yelling and tossing clipboards like many highly successful college coaches who the fans love to hate around the NCAA. Congrats, Coach!

And a shoutout to Kliff Kingsbury, because he's hot. Okay, he's a star offensive coordinator, too.

That trick play in last night's game, where Manziel magically went from QB to receiver and would have gotten a touchdown, but for the remarkable efforts of a Mizzou defender? (Directly in front of our seats, by the way.) Holy COWCATS, that would have been so incredible! Our section was dying. Like AWWWWWW MAAAAAN...

I hope we see that play again.

Another football note--- While I was prattling on about college football at a million miles an hour on Thursday, I accidentally referred to the TCU Horned Frogs as the TCU Horndogs. I don't care who you are, that is funny right there.


Lincoln was SO good. I didn't realize that the two political parties have been dug in against each other since those times. I love the way the representatives talk to each other.

"The representative from the state of Ohio is a no-good scallywag!"

"How DARE you, sir!"

I wish our reps would talk like that. I'd watch C-SPAN every day. Perhaps, similar to Talk Like a Pirate Day, there could be an official Talk Like a Civil War Era Congressman Day. Yeah!

For someone who can't sit through a history class without shifting around in my chair and checking the clock, this 2.5 hour film kept me completely immersed in the times, and even though I knew the outcome of about everything that happened, I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see it on the screen.

Excellent acting, of course. Brilliant direction. Just a fabulous film all around.


Sunday Stealing

1. Where was your profile picture taken?
outside G Rollie Coliseum before an A&M football game

2. Name someone who made you laugh today.
No one has made me laugh yet. Jeff and I have talked, but he wasn't funny. :)

3. Do you believe exes can be friends?
Yes. I consider all my exes friends. Not super close friends, but like casual, going-to-lunch, Christmas card friends. For instance, as much of a non-issue as it should be, it would be awkward to take your families on vacation together or live next door to each other.

4. How do you feel about Dr Pepper?
love it

5. Who was the last person you took a picture of?
Lauren at Chili's on her birthday a little over a week ago

6. Are you upset about anything?
Nah

7. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
Always!

8. Are you a bad influence?
I can be. Nothing really bad, but perhaps worse than someone may have been without my encouragement. I'm particularly good at getting girlfriends to purchase a lot of stuff when we're out shopping, while I buy nothing all day. *adjusts halo*

9. Night out or night in?
almost always night out

10. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
Yep. People sure say crazy things, don't they?

11. What song is stuck in your head?
"Innocent" Our Lady Peace



12. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m., who do you want it to be?
Kathy and the rest of my college friends, for a surprise reunion party

13. Do you smile a lot?
yes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP