Aggies! Wurstfest!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Wurstfest! I've lived here for almost 23 years and had never been. So yesterday, we went with Scott 'n Julie. It is mostly a German food festival, really. Arrive hungry. Most everything we tried was great. There was a lot of musical entertainment, and we particularly enjoyed our lunch at a picnic table along the river. Beautiful setting. Gorgeous weather. There was a lot of beer, too, of course. Best of all, like Halloween (or any Tuesday night), it's a great excuse to wear a slutty dirndl.


The Aggies beat Mississippi State yesterday while we were in New Braunfels, receiving live updates from our child. WHOOP! (We also watched the whole thing on DVR when we got home.) A&M is currently #2 in the SEC West behind 'Bama. The Ags are getting some of the best sports press ever this season. Very, very exciting. Onward to Tuscaloosa!!


Patrick's Saturday Six: I

1. I is for ICEBOX: What’s your favorite food that’s in your refrigerator right now?
Slovacek sausage. My all-time favorite sausage is actually the sage version of Meyer's Elgin Sausage, but HEB stopped carrying it a few years ago and I haven't seen it around town. (Gotta get out to Elgin. It's seriously worth the trip.) The sausage is going into jambalaya this week, although I typically cook it with Salt Lick sauce and add mac-n-cheese and fresh fruit for a quick supper.

2. I is for INANE: Of the television shows you watch regularly, which would you call the dumbest?
The Bachelor

3. I is for INCOME: Do you think the wealthy should receive enough breaks to pay a lower tax rate than the middle class?
Absolutely not. A flat percentage is the fairest way to levy an income tax. Get rid of the bulk of the IRS and charge a 15% flat tax on all forms of income for everyone. The first X thousand dollars per person in a household are exempt from taxes. No deductions.

4. I is for INEDIBLE: What’s your least favorite vegetable?
squash

5. I is for INJURY: What’s the worst injury you’ve suffered in your life?
This is the first time I've realized that although I've had three life-threatening illnesses, I have never had a serious injury! Woo!! The worst was stepping on a nail sticking up through a construction 2x4 that I was walking on. I was five. It made a huge hole and almost went through the top of my foot.  At the time, I was profoundly afraid of needles, so the tetanus shot was almost worse for me than stepping on the nail.

6. I is for INK: Which color ink do you prefer to write with?
blue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP